Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Overcoming my own Writer's Block

So as I mentioned in a previous post, I've been having a bit of writer's block because I couldn't decide whether or not I should kill off a secondary character in my story to use as motivation to move my protagonist from her ordinary world into the world of adventure. I really don't want to kill off this secondary character because the protagonist has already lost both of her parents in my story. This secondary character is currently set to portray the Mentor Archetype for my protagonist in my planned series of stories with these characters, so killing her off early in the series would mean I would have to develop a new mentor or have her act as a "spirit guide" in the series.

I've finally found a more elegant solution ... it's my protagonist's 13th birthday and she has to go into the world of adventure and perform/partake in a magical ritual to inherit her full magic powers before the stroke of midnight. My story is a Fantasy/Fairy Tale and this is a fitting scenario for that genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment